Since
I was in Arizona during our third class, I will be writing about my experience
out in the West.
My
Monday afternoon consisted of touring the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. Since the
start of my vacation in Arizona, I was very excited about seeing a landscape
that was considered, at some point or another, one of the Seven Wonders of the
World—no matter if it had been on the list or not throughout the human history,
it’s definitely something that should be seen as wonderful.
After walking across a brief forestry trail, I
stood on the edge of a rocky perimeter and was doubtful of what my eyes were
perceiving. As I was looking out across the
incredible expanse of the canyon, it didn’t look real to me… It was as if
someone had painted a colossal canvas and set it up in the corners of four
states to trick people.
My
family and I walked along the trail and were amazed as the scenery and colors
constantly shifted. Dirty whites, varying shades of red, dark violet hues
blending at the peaks, and rock-bottom bushy-green plant life extended for
unbelievable distances. It was spectacular to be able to witness such an
incredible sight, though still almost unbelievable because of its extraordinary
panorama. I had seen some marvelous things throughout Arizona, but seeing the
Grand Canyon had surpassed all of those moments. It was very refreshing to be
surrounded in such a lovely area.
While
Indiana is currently a dead, frozen tundra (perhaps a bit exaggerated, but it’s
still pretty awful at the moment), it felt great to be able to witness such a
beauty in this world before going back to my wintry home. This trip has further
ignited my desire to travel the world and see everything it has to offer.

0 comments:
Post a Comment