Since
my media arts & science degree concentrates more specifically in web
development, I created a web page that doesn’t follow some of the “professional”
aesthetics standards. When I first started dabbling with HTML and CSS about ten
years ago, I broke many web design rules. I didn’t care to follow all of the guidelines
because it was new and fun to experiment with in my own terms. Currently,
though, I find a vast majority of web design rules to be well fitting. My
personal taste has correlated with the modern layouts and typical design rules,
so this assignment isn’t altered in excess means.
It’s
advised that websites use no more than two—you can get away with three—fonts; too
many font families can make the content seem cluttered. However, there are many
individuals who thrive in cluttered, messy environments, finding organization
in what would otherwise be considered disorganization. A broader variety of
fonts, though not significantly different in appearance from one another, could
be more attention-grabbing and allow the brain to better process and retain the
information more accurately.
I’ve
been told by many web designers to never justify the alignment of the text. I
see this book-style formatting to give a more sophisticated overtone
Background
music is frowned upon for most websites. While I do think this rule applies often,
I also see its benefits. Some websites can establish a better vibe for their
purpose with instrumental music, and it can also be comforting for the user to
hear.
Customizing
scrollbars was essentially removed from browsers, though webkit CSS brought it
back to designers. The basic scrollbar always looked boring and bland, so
adding some color and a sleeker appearance makes a website pop more.
(Unfortunately,
I cannot attach a file of my webpage to this post, but it is included in a ZIP folder on OnCourse.)
0 comments:
Post a Comment