When
I mentioned this assignment to a friend of mine, she offered to give me
something that she buys from a Japanese grocery store. It was a vanilla ice
cream and red bean paste sandwich in the shape of a fish. It had a smooth
sugar-cone shell and felt surprisingly light, almost illogically. The rest bean
paste was a small layer and gave the treat a sweeter taste. I had assumed it
would be a bitter taste since that’s what I think of from “bean”. It was a
simple extra ingredient that I hadn’t had before, but it tasted great.
I
decided to wait a week to think of different things I could create from this
experiment. However, since it was spring break, I decided to not think about
college and feel like I was actually having a break.
At
about two in the morning, I went searching through the house to see what ideas
I could muster up from random objects. I found a bag of cotton balls and the
idea to create a cotton ball-shaped fish popped in my head, so I stuck with it.
The dessert sandwich was very light in weight, which is resembled in this
handcrafted cloud fish (I call it that because it sounds kind of poetic).
0 comments:
Post a Comment