cognitive adventures of N385

Sunday, March 8, 2015

I Got This Covered (Maybe)!

6:56 PM Posted by M³ No comments
            For the Altered Book project, I have decided (at least for now, because you never know when another idea will come to mind) to recreate a magazine into a puzzle. When I first had the idea it was just for fun and sounded like the better idea amidst the 50 ideas and pseudo-ideas, but almost instantly after being inquired a deeper why? it became evident how this reconstruction represented a part of me. So many magazines are just gossip and fabricated lies and there is hardly anything more intelligent to read about. While that’s entertainment for some people, it’s definitely not entertainment for me. I prefer to be educated and challenged; I want to be informed on matters of greater importance and think beyond where most people normally stop. Puzzles stimulate your mind to find patterns, utilizing dexterity, spatial reasoning, and logic; it keeps your mind active in both hemispheres of your brain, like exercising a muscle to keep it in top shape. It’s a form of critical thinking that more people should practice—and in more ways that just with puzzles—to keep themselves alert and mentally healthy.
            Since my book will not have a cover, I have a couple ideas for its external case.  
  • 1.     The puzzle pieces will be put into a box with a lid, like an actual puzzle box container. I could plaster on different pictures of intelligent individuals (like Einstein!!), math equations, quotes about intelligence, and other random things that are associated with keeping a healthy, active brain.
  • 2.     Or, I could do a circular container. Since this class is about thinking outside the box, then why not?! Plus, it would look neat.
  • 3.     With whatever type of container I choose, I could put pictures from different class assignments and quotes from my blog entries to show the course of my creativity and thought process throughout the semester.

0 comments:

Post a Comment