I was
prepared to go to class—my teeth were brushed, I managed to put on clothes, and
my college essentials were in my backpack—but at the last minute, I decided I
was in no mood to be surrounded by college students nor would I be mentally
attentive in class. I had been feeling off all weekend, and well, I have been
feeling off for the last several
months in general, but I needed to get away from all of the noise and clear my overwhelmed
mind.
Naturally, I ventured off to my favorite
nearby park to gather my thoughts. It was only convenient that the day was lovely
and full of energizing sunshine. I used to be a hermit and found most of my
entertainment from the Internet, video games, and television shows. But now,
however, I hate opening my laptop and staring at screens. I want to experience
what the world has to offer just from itself.
There were too many pesky children running
around the park, but within the trails of the forest I found my much needed
solace. The sounds of the wind rustling through leaves and the gentle streaming
of creeks always seems to ease me. Sometimes I think it would be neat to be a tree
instead of a human, but I wouldn’t appreciate dumb boys drawing dicks on my
bark.
0 comments:
Post a Comment