cognitive adventures of N385

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I Don't Wanna be That Old Lady That Looks Back on Her Life and Regrets NOT Doing Things

12:52 PM Posted by M³ No comments
1.     Is the fear you identified for this project a fear, phobia, anxiety, or worry?
My fear is a worry. The thought is something that I am often worried about, but it hasn’t fucked me over (yet).

2.     In what ways do you notice fear in your life?
I don’t experience a lot of fear in my life anymore. I’m generally a go-with-the-flow kind of person but this particular worry is preventing me from flowing in different directions that could lead to great things. My main concerns involve the indefinite future; I used to have a set path for myself, but now that road is cracked and scattered. Now I’m just stumbling around in the dirt and rumble with too much indecisiveness clouding my mind.

3.     What does fear keep you from experiencing?
Fear is preventing me from experiencing more experiences. With so little time to do everything that I want to do, I don’t know what I should focus on first. I’m afraid that I’ll settle on the wrong things, thus wasting time from doing the right things, but then it’ll be too late.

4.     What is the use of fear in your life? 
The use of fear hinders life. And it’s hindering my learning and experiences.

5.     How does fear affect your life, especially in terms of creativity?
It affects my creativity by preventing more creative opportunities. If I were to stop worrying about the possibility of wasting time and just go for the things that interest me, I could be exploding with all sorts of creativity.

6.     What form does your fear take?
My fear takes a double form, cognitively and behaviorally. It causes me inner turmoil and is my main form of life stressor and prevents me from taking up more opportunities.

7.     How does making a creative project about your fear impact how you view it?
By creating a tangible representation of my fear, it allows me to face it more directly. This assignment in general is making me look at this fear more constructively instead of just ignoring it and hoping my life will accidentally fall into place the right way. Being able to hold the fear makes me feel more in control of the situation. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment